Sunday, February 24, 2013

Aspirations


After all this soul searching, I think I know what I want to be in life. I will continue to major in psychology, but I aspire to be a personal stylist, then go on to be a haute couture icon. I want to style big artists & actors/actresses, then continue to produce my own brand of purses and apparel. I have always had a passion for the fashion life, but I never thought that I would make it  and succeed in the big small world. Although I am not putting my all into fashion, it will hereby be my first priority. I am now attempting to making connections in Atlanta with big photographers and stylists. I am working on my portfolio for productions that I style, and I hope to get more opportunities to expand. As my friend told me, I have to make it in Atlanta before I can make it in New York City. I am still trying to go to New York for the summer, and I am finding different internships to expand my connections in the big city. I am so passionate about it I am ashamed that I did not start this search earlier. This forth on, no one can tell me shit. I wont persist on being a Debbie Downer about this passion. I want to be the next Coco, I adore Guiliana Rancic and her knowledge & I pray that one day I will be up there with them. The only thing holding me back from my dreams is Diana. I will continue to pursue my degree in psychology, but once it is time to go to graduate school I  pray my future is clear. I will just continue to push myself, because my future rests in my hands. 

Quote of the Day: Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. -Coco Chanel 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment